Proper Travel Attire

Having spent approximately 4 hours in 2 of the busiest airports in the last two days, I feel properly equipped to remind any readers who, like the majority of  my travel companions, seem to have forgotten how to dress while traveling. Believe me, I understand how uncomfortable it might be to travel, but that is no excuse for dressing like a ragamuffin. Nor is taking a plane an opportunity for husband hunting. What follows is my basic guidelines for air travel decency.

1. This is not your private plane. Please do not wear pj's or excessively baggy sweatpants. Also, please refrain from wearing awkward sweatpants that feature writing on the butt. It's not attractive (really) and the type of person who would be attracted is probably a creeper of the first water.
2. Please wear shoes that are easy to take off, so you will not bog down the security line. This rule has been in place for a few years, so leave the high-lacing shoes in your bag and wear a pair of flats. Not only are the shoes below hideous, they are excessively time consuming.
3. Low cut shirts, short skirts, and tight jeans are not ok just because you will reach and altitude of 30,000 feet. Be considerate of your fellow passengers and dress modestly.






I think this is the perfect travel outfit....a simple, well cut dress, flat comfy sandals, light makeup and a good attitude.

Comments

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself! I would only add that it's a good idea to avoid large amounts of jewelry as this can set off the security scanner and cause delays for you and the passengers behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, bringing gum is a good idea :-) it is so annoying having to spend half the time on the plane not being able to hear anything...

    Regarding #1: I love it when women wear sweatpants that say "Gap" on the butt....hahahaha

    AWESOME post, Pia! I WUVVV YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is this WUV? Are you sure it is not LOVE, with a human L?
    This concept of WUV both confuses and infuriates me!!

    Regarding #1: I definitely do not. It's weird, gross, annoying, weird, and really unattractive...
    :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts