Feliz Ano Nuevo!

First of all, happy new year!! A fresh start, a new decade, an unspoiled path, waiting to be taken. That all being said, you probably noticed that I have an american keyboard and cannot write properly in Spanish. How frustrating. Last night, I cooked dinner for my family, which was great fun :) I made asturian style steaks, root vegetables (called raices comestibles in Spanish, in case you were wondering) and salad, all washed down with amazing wine from the Ribeira Sacra. For after dinner palate cleansers, we had champagne, darling? lemon freezes. Overall, I think it was a success. It's incredible how much fun you can have with your family!! Oh, and of course we followed the Spanish tradition of wolfing down 12 grapes as the clock strikes midnight....

I've heard that if you write down your New Year's resolutions, you are more likely to actually accomplish them. So here goes. I will keep my room clean, do one special thing with my siblings once a week, and speak only in Spanish at home. I wish everyone success with whatever they are resolving to do, but remember to keep the focus off yourself. If you pledge to do something for another person, it will make it easier to accomplish and will also make you less selfish. 

Comments

  1. ¡Felicidades - la comida fue excelente y me ENCANTAN tus propósitos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias!! estoy contenta que te gusto!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts