In less than a month I will be living in New York City. IN LESS THAN A MONTH I WILL BE LIVING IN NEW YORK CITY. Just in case you didn't catch it the first time. My summer reading is done, my payment and immunization forms are in order, and I have registered for my classes. I can't believe that I am on the cusp of joining the largest human experiment that is New York. The sheer size of the city is daunting, not to mention the incredibly diverse people that inhabit one tiny island. Oh, and did I mention that I am also starting college? After having taken a year off from school?

Obviously, there is a lot of shopping to be done, as well as packing, planning, and deep cleansing breathes. Yet I feel that my preparation for New York cannot just center on the external; I must embrace the fact that in a few short weeks I will be plunged into a new and completely different environment than I have ever experienced. Yes, I am well traveled. But I have lived in the same state for 12 years, and practically all my life in the Deep South.


Though I am a tad (okay, maybe very) apprehensive about the change, I know what I love and what I am passionate about, and I have complete faith and confidence that by trying my best and applying myself, I will succeed. Yes, there will be challenges, and knowing myself, I will freak out. But the important thing is to forge ahead. Allow me to close with a rough translation of a corny Spanish song by Diego Torres, "Es mejor perderse que nunca embarcar".

Comments



  1. I love your post and blog so much!!!.))

    I need your help. I spend another survey but this time with another question.
    "Where do you prefer to shop? What is your favorite shopping center?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts