The essence, the very DNA of a wanderer is the fact that they have no home, that the road itself is the only place where they feel even faintly that they belong. When I started this blog, I saw myself as one such individual, mostly because I felt out of place in my suburban high school. Yet now that I live so far from home, and now that so many of my friends live in so many different places, I again identify with the wandering spirit. The axiom "home is where the heart is" indeed rings true, for my heart is with the people I love, and the people I love are spread pretty evenly around the world. 
Living away from home and in fact acutely aware of the veracity in Faulkner's words, "You can never go home again", I renew my commitment to blogging about my experience as a wanderer. Not necessarily because someone is going to read it (though I welcome any and all readers), but because it is my story, my struggle, and I want to document this period of my life. It is truly a gift from God that I intend to make the most of (or "aprovechar" a Spanish word that does not translate but more appropriately encapsulates the sentiment). 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts