Taxes= Blah and Boring

Dear Mr. Obama,
Instead of running around like a headless chicken, with your knickers in a twist over health care, may I politely request that you address the bureaucratic dinosaur that is our tax system? I made a little over $300 last year; nevertheless, I spent around an 1 1/2 hours on turbo tax online, trying to sort out how much money I had made, how much I had to pay, to whom, etc. Very unchic. After tussling with my computer, I discovered that not only was I not entitled to receive a refund, but because my income was so low, the government wasn't even taking any money. I wasn't getting any and neither where you. So basically I wasted my time filing out a stupid form when I could have been doing something productive, like sleeping.
I know you're married to the idea of providing universal health care for all, but I bet if you simplified the tax laws, and just massively overhauled the whole decrepit system, than the amount of heart attacks and other stress related injuries would decrease significantly. I almost had an aneurysm while trying to decipher the tax jargon.
 Up to now, you have proven that you are an ineffective, passive aggressive, and utterly boring president. It's not too late!! Fix the tax system, and I might forgive you for the embarrassing first year.

Sofi Munoz

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts