FINALLY....some plans

Well my chums and chumettes, here I am again, tearing myself away from the daunting pile of homework that demands to be done, and finally telling you of my plans for next year. I have decided to give a year of service to the Church as a member of the Regnum Christi Volunteer Program. I will be working somewhere in Spain all of next year, and then going to college (in an undisclosed location) the year after that. Please pray for me as I prepare for this year that will be marked with sacrifices as well as blessings.
After much soul searching, I realized that I needed to take time before college to make my religious convictions my own. I have seen countless people graduate from Catholic high school and then facing the "real world" without having firm beliefs and then cosequentially losing their faith. I did not want this to happen to me. Additionally, the parable of the talents (where Christ gave some many blessings with the expectation that they would do something with them) impelled me to use the gifts and talents that God has given me. On a more cultural  note, I thought it would be great to live and work in another country, plus I would have the opportunity to practice my Spansih with real Spainiards.

Now that all the religious/philosophical considerations are out of the way, it is time to discuss the most frivoulous yet exhilirating element of my decision; clothes. The dress code for the program is modest clothes, no pants, and panty hose...everyday. Thus I know have the legitimate excuse for buying adorable dresses and skirts as well as chic shoes. Let's not forget accessories! Below is a picture of a friend who is currently in the program.

As my time at home draws to a close, I cannot but help to be occasionally plunged into the depths of despair. My family is everything. Being without them for even a weekend is difficult, let alone a year. Yet, with the support of my incredible parents, I know I am doing the right thing, and it is with this conviction that I have the fortitude to be open to the plans God has for me.

Comments

Popular Posts