Greetings from the ATL! The 404!

As I type away, I am sitting in the cozy "sun room" of the place I now call home. Located in the heart of stylish Atlanta (aka Virginia Highlands), I absolutely love it here...everything is accessible!

Let me give you some anecdotal evidence to prove my point. As many of you know (hopefully), the World Cup is in full swing, and since soccer is my life, this tournament is my idea of paradise. In the past, my family's lack of cable has proven to be a real stumbling block to my soccer-viewing pleasure. Yet due to our proximity to a myriad of unique and eclectic sports bars, this is no longer a problem. On the day of a given match, I simply walk 3-5 minutes, order a coke with lime, and take my place with the regulars at the bar, ready to cheer on my team.

Another problem, that of my family's perpetual tardiness to Sunday mass has also resolved itself, mostly because our parish is no longer 35 minutes away. My exercise  regiment has improved since I no longer fear wandering yokels or pernicious pooches waiting to sink their teeth into my flesh. I now jog on pedestrian friendly roads, and the exciting city scenery keeps the routine fresh. I love the CITY!!!

Comments

Popular Posts