Christmas and such...

I am not an advocate of plastic surgery, but check out the blog's facelift! With the help of my tech-savvy (and incredibly patient) sister, I replaced the boring and bland black background with an image depicting a busy train station (the url is, in fact, tales from the traincase). I also added a touch of femininity with an exciting coral pink header! I love makeovers!
On another note, I am happy to report that for the first time in 138 years, Atlanta has had a white Christmas. However, it is now December 26, and I am heartily annoyed with the white stuff, namely because it is cold and wet. Snow also has the distasteful tendency to freeze, and therefore cause a hazard to those who lack Olympian coordination.
Nevertheless, the Christmas season is a time to celebrate, not complain. As a special gift to you, my dear and few readers, I will highlight an assortment of intriguing Christmas customs from around the world...enjoy!

Nothing says Merry Christmas like charging at friends and family on horseback with ceremonial lances: at least that is the case in Ethiopia. Rather than wake up to the stereotypical bulging stockings and trimmed trees, Ethiopian children are most likely roused by the sound of angry men and whinnying horses.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts