Can it be? Is it Possible? The slightest hint of fall in the air

I thought it would never come. The "official" first day of fall had come and gone in Jacksonville, and the weather remained hot, humid, and sticky. Going out of doors required donning workout gear and extensive hydration. And though the mercury never dips below 80, there is the slightest taste of fall in the air; that certain nippiness that makes you want to grab a chunky knit sweater and eat a slice of apple pie, even if you don't like apple pie. Fall is probably my favorite season. Not only is the weather delicious, but it makes me think of newness and rebirth in a way spring never could. For, I associate the fall with the new school year, freshly sharpened pencils, bright red ribbons, and spiced apple crisp. As my eloquent father would say, "Sofia no hables tanta mierda", but in a season such as this, nothing can deter me from sharing my excitement about the new season.

Comments

Popular Posts